November 29, 2021

The World Live Breaking News Coverage & Updates IN ENGLISH

The World Live Breaking News Coverage & Updates IN ENGLISH

Discoloured ceiling the first sign something was very wrong

2 min read
, Discoloured ceiling the first sign something was very wrong, The World Live Breaking News Coverage & Updates IN ENGLISH
Share This :
, Discoloured ceiling the first sign something was very wrong, The World Live Breaking News Coverage & Updates IN ENGLISH
, Discoloured ceiling the first sign something was very wrong, The World Live Breaking News Coverage & Updates IN ENGLISH

Experts are warning of an insidious and often hidden health threat lurking in Australian homes, and growing as summer approaches.

Mermaid Beach resident Rosie Ball said she had no idea her unit had been taken over by the fungus.

She had been suffering from insomnia and feeling constantly unwell and fatigued, with seemingly no explanation.

, Discoloured ceiling the first sign something was very wrong, The World Live Breaking News Coverage & Updates IN ENGLISH
A discoloured ceiling was the first sign of the mould problem. (9News)

“I’m really concerned for my health,” Ms Ball said.

“We just assumed the ceiling was discoloured.”

, Discoloured ceiling the first sign something was very wrong, The World Live Breaking News Coverage & Updates IN ENGLISH
Insomnia, fatigue and respiratory problems were some of the systems Ms Ball faced. (9News)

Ms Ball’s entire ceiling, bathroom, windowsills, air conditioner, furniture and the walls surrounding her bed were all covered in mould.

Gerard Murtah from Mould Men, a Gold Coast-based mould removal service, said many Australians were unaware of the health impacts of mould, which can cause infections and several other respiratory problems through the inhalation of its spores.

Mr Murtah said Ms Ball’s house was one of several homes causing health problems for the people living in them.

, Discoloured ceiling the first sign something was very wrong, The World Live Breaking News Coverage & Updates IN ENGLISH
Mermaid Beach resident, Rosie Ball’s unit was taken over by fungus (9News)

“A lot of people think that it’s just a bit dirty or that it’s discolouration in the paint not realising that they’re living with mould every day,” Mr Murtah said.

“We’re treating about 350 properties a week.”

, Discoloured ceiling the first sign something was very wrong, The World Live Breaking News Coverage & Updates IN ENGLISH
Ms Ball’s entire ceiling, bathroom, windowsills, the walls surrounding her bed, air conditioner and furniture were all covered in mould. (9News)

Exposure to mould in damp homes can be the cause of health issues like nasal congestion, sneezing, and respiratory infections, and worsen asthma and allergies.

Mr Murtah said mould thrived in damp conditions and was often more prevalent in summer months.

“Our sub-tropical environment and the amount of wet weather we’ve had recently is the perfect environment for mould,” he said.

“The best time to treat mould growth is as soon as you see it.”

Share This :
Copyright © All rights reserved. | Newsphere by AF themes.