NEW DELHI: Sachin Waze, the mastermind behind the planting of explosives in a vehicle near Mukesh Ambani’s residence on February 25, had planned to extort money from the industrialist, according to the chargesheet submitted by the National Investigation Agency (NIA).Here’s a look at the ten people charged so far in the Ambani case.
1. Assistant police inspector Sachin Waze is main accused in the planting of explosives in a vehicle near Mukesh Ambani’s residence and murder of vehicle owner Mansukh Hiram. Waze was head of Crime Intelligence Unit and reporting to ex-police chief Param Bir Singh. Waze has been dismissed from service.
Charged under: Indian Penal Code (IPC) sections 1208 (for criminal conspiracy), 201,286, 302,364, 384, 386,403,419,465, 471,473 and 506, Explosive Substances Act, Unlawful Activities Prevention Act.
2 Riyazuddit Kan, assistant inspector attached to CIU. Has been dismissed from service. Has admitted to his involvement in planting of explosives and destruction of CCTV footage. But he has pleaded that he was following his superior’s orders.
Charged under: 1208,201 (Causing dsappearance of evidence of offence, or giving false information to screen offender) and 403 of IPC
3. ‘Naresh Gor, a mobile service agent from Ahmedabad, who provided 8 SIM cards to Waze.
Charged under. IPC 1206 and 403 dishonest misappropriation of property)
4. Inspector Sunil Mane who headed crime branch unit 11 and was arrested by NIA for plotting Mansukh’s murder at two meetings. Mane phoned Mansukh, asked him to meet him for a discussion in Thane and then handed him over to the killers on March 4.
Charged under: IPC 120B,201
5. Vinayak Shinde, dismissed constable convicted for murder of Rajan aide Lakhan Bhaiyya in a fake encounter. Was still on police payroll when, at behest of Waze, he abetted in killing of Mansukh
Charged under: IPC 120B, 384 and 403
6. Pradeep Sharma, erstwhile encounter specialist who quit police force, contested elections as a Shiv Sena candidate. Allegedly the main brain, roped in a couple of men for the job.They made off with Mansukh in a car, smothered him to death inside the vehicle on night of March 4 and dumped body in a creek
Charged utter: IPC 20B, 201, 302 (murder), 364, 403, UAPA
7-9: NIA said Shellar, Jadhav, Manish Soni, Sadsh Mothkuri took Mansukh from Hotel HP View on Ghodbunder Rd and then smothered him and threw him in Thane creek while he was unconscious. Sheliar and Jadhav were Sharma’s associates.
Shellar has 17 offences against him. Soni is a ladies tailor, who drove the vehicle. Soni has turned approver and given details of events He said he was lured by prospect of easy money, but didn’t tease the gang was planning a murder.
Shellar charged under. IPC 120B, 201,302, 364, 403, UAPA
Jadhav charged under IPC 120B, 201,302, 364 and UAPA
Soni charged under IPC 120B, 201, 302,364, 403 and UAPA
10: Satish Mothkuri alias Tanni Vicky Baba, an associate of Santosh Shellar. Allegedly strangled Mansukh while sitting in the back of SW in which gang travelled.
Charged under: IPC 120B,201, 302, 364,403 and UAPA